Governments and aviation authorities across the world have been carefully planning the introduction of ADS-B technologies for many years.
Aircraft safety is the ultimate driving factor and all aspects of the technology have been carefully considered. The rollout is now well under way and we can expect to see a huge range of benefits from the migration to ADS-B from traditional radar technologies.
ADS-B will provide services such as:
- More efficient management of airspace (including take off and landing)
- Measurement and recording of aircraft position (for example environmental monitoring)
- Improved search and rescue
- Aviation operational management (flight crew, ground crew, supporting services etc)
- Improved passenger information
Ultimately ADS-B will make the skies a safer, faster and more energy efficient place for aircraft across the world.
Already there are a wide range of community and commercial web and mobile applications for ADS-B data and it is amazing how varied and creative some of these are.
The aim of ADSBHub.net is to support the development of ADS-B related software and services.
ADSBHub.net is a totally free to use service for ADS-B data sharing and will provide a valuable data source for all enthusiasts and professionals interested in the development of ADS-B related software.
Anyone sharing real time data with this site will get full access to all shared data provided a few basic rules are followed.
If you want to share your ADS-B data then please join us at ADSBHub.net